IV review by Godsmack

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Godsmack: IV

The sound is great. Godsmack really tightened up its tone and extended Tony's solos. When the band said that they were going for a more rock sound they definately did it with this album. But, even though it may be very rock-ish, it didn't take away from any of their aggression. This is a very tight, very precise album. And Sully is a hell of a harmonica player!

Lyrics have the basic content all other Godsmack albums. But with Sully Erna (in my opinion, the best voice in metal) delivering, they take on a life of their own. The lyrics have a very "pick yourself of and suck it up" tone to them and they fit perfectly with the music.

This is a killer album and definately ranks right up there with the others. I love the single "Speak" as it is very classic Godsmack, but more mature. My only gripe is that I wish all the songs on this album followed the template of this song. If this album got lost go buy it again, it's worth it.

Kaininmich
    DAMN RIGHT this is godmacks greatest followup album, right after the ep the other side, kickass great riffs and you did a great quick but great review