The Other Side review by Godsmack

• Released: Mar 16, 2004
Godsmack: The Other Side

The sound and melodies of this album are great. This unplugged side of Godsmack is one few bands can accomplish. The remakes sound just as good as they would normally, "Re-Align", "Keep Away", "Spiral" and the made for acustics "Asleep" are all sung well and played well. Dispite only 7 Songs the melodies and solos are pleasing and soung Great.

Godsmack chose four classic good songs to use so the lyrics are exalent from those four. The three new songs have great lyrics fitting the soft-intensity of the guitars, light bass and drums. Touche though agreat song is free advertising for Dropbox.

This is an all around awesome album! I love this album, if it was stolen I would hun whoever took it down destroy them take his or her money and buy the CD again. There is nothing I can find wrong with it with the acceptation of only haveing 7 songs totaling less then 30 minutes of music. but overall it's worth the 7 doller price.

Happy Taco :D
    For me this was the turning point for Godsmack, so far their albums were good, but when they did this one they really made it great. Sure they redid some old songs, but to take something like Re-Align with a really cool solo for a heavily distorted guitar and strip it to bare bones, its really nice. And the new tracks, Runnin' Blind, Voices, and Touche are all good. Both Voices and Runnin' blind have top spots for me, Touche was probably the only track I didn;t fully enjoy, but is still good. And Asleep is a nice way to end the disc, it lulls the dic to a closing making you want more... but now we have IV!