From Mars To Sirius review by Gojira

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Gojira: From Mars To Sirius

First and foremost, you have NEVER heard a band like Gojira before. This is a band that is so unlike anything else out there, it makes it hard to put them into a genre. The closest you'll get is "Death Metal" but even that isn't at all close to what they are. The sound of the album itself is very polished, it is easy to hear everything, the bass has a bit of trouble cutting through, but it is audible. The only small annoyance is the layering of the vocals seems a little much, but it does add to the overall Gojira sound.

The lyrics on this record are solid, and give a sort of cosmic feeling (Heaviest Matter of the Universe). They deal with the environment, self enlightenment, and of course, flying whales. The lyrics fit the music well (Ocean Planet definitely gives the feeling of being by the sea.), but the gem on this album is the song Backbone. The lyrics are very uplifting and inspirational. Overall great lyrics, although the English grammar is a bit shifty at times.

This album never goes a week without being played at my house. This record never loses its touch for me. I always feel like I am listening to it for the first time. From Mars to Sirius is without a doubt the best album of the decade, unparalleled in beauty and pure heaviness. You won't be disappointed.

Andragon
    Credit goes to Neurosis for starting it all, but yea Gojira kicks masses of asses.
    98Timberwolf
    fr33t0m wrote: I can't stop listening to this CD. Gojira mixes all my favorite genres together and they do it with the highest artist quality. The songs have a heavy groove with the brutality of death metal, the atmosphere of doom metal, and the original/complex song structures and timings of progressive metal with perfectly fitting vocals. Go listen to this album now!
    My thoughts exactly. I could listen to this for days and not get bored with it.
    tonyplow
    All i can say is go see them live and you'll never look at other bands the same way. There's just something extra special about this band. They just keep getting heavier.