Terra Incognita review by Gojira

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Gojira: Terra Incognita

Melodic death, progressive. Really these guys are in a league of their own especially when it comes to this album. Their use of harmonics and their incredibly tight musicianship will make any musician who is into metal feel a warm burning in their loins. You can't really compare them to any one band, to do so wouldn't do them justice. Their timings and such are very reminiscent (to me anyway) of Darkane, the voice a bit like Static-X (if Static-X were badass). The drums are on a level of their own, I'd even venture to say surpassing Chris Adler of Lamb Of God Fame.

For someone who isn't used to this band, the lyrics may make them raise an eyebrow to a few of the songs on here (i.e. Satan Is A Lawyer, In The Forest) and that's not to say that these songs are still as badass as ever. The vocals add to the overall sound and aren't over done which is great in any band. It allows breathing room for the the instrumental and you can really get a taste of the great musicianship of these guys. Who knew the french could kick this much ass?

When it comes right down to it, this album doesn't compare to anything else I've ever heard. Its sheer originality blows me away, so will the bass solo (track 4). Everytime you listen to this album you come across something new. The breakdown in Love will give you chills and goosebumps and make you wish there were a crowd of people to mosh with. The bass is more apparent on this album than their other ones which adds another element to their sound which fills in the gap of everything. Their tightness as a group is insane (check out In the Forest, Space Time, and Lizard Skin). There a few little things here and there in these songs that you probably won't pick up on the first time and will make you wonder what the hell that was (i.e. In the Forest). Their originality had withstood as long as they've been around and they continue to climb the proverbial metal mountain. Also if you have not seen them live yet, I highly recommend it. It is not to be missed, and they do not disappoint.

Hexagram
    I love Gojira but I still prefer From Mars To Sirius more even though this one is badass as well
    Oroborous
    Gojira kicks ass. I saw them three days ago, and I got to slap all of their hands! Hahaha
    HangmaN47
    No. Just no. You obviously havent heard of Gorod. POSTED: 04/24/2008 - 10:32 am
    or democracy or existentialism or.....the 69!
    lambofgodowns
    a7x_syn4life777 wrote: I cant find this CD anywhere, where can u buy it? its not on itunes.
    my friend had to order it from france
    webbtje
    Very, very hard album to get into. Solid stuff though. Clone, Love and Space time are brilliant. The Link is my personal favourite.
    tonyplow
    Top 5 heaviest shows I've ever seen. These guys are BRUTAL. Go to see them and get in the pit. You will be stoked for the next year.
    GuitarPlayer716
    These guys are amazing. Saw them open for Lamb of God a year ago, and they were SICK!!! Bassist even slapped my hand after ther set.
    CFHguitar
    flyinghorse25 : HangmaN47 : No. Just no. You obviously havent heard of Gorod. POSTED: 04/24/2008 - 10:32 am or democracy or existentialism or.....the 69! POSTED: 04/24/2008 - 11:27 am / quote | LOL the french didn't invent democracy you clown! ever heard of plato? POSTED: 04/24/2008 - 12:21 pm / quote | lol thats good stuff
    crocoscar
    "clamclaws wrote: The one good thing ever to come out of France." Ah, most visited country of the world... In The Forest is teh pwnage
    flyinghorse25
    LOL the french didn't invent democracy you clown! ever heard of plato?
    THESVH
    They RULE! I hung out with them in LA a few months back before the show at House of Blues and they are awesome guys too! SEE THEM LIVE...you will be blown away!
    HangmaN47
    but yeah Gojira is an amazing band. Im not into metal. But i find myself ALWAYS listening to gojira. BACKBONE FTW
    Zao_89
    clamclaws wrote: The one good thing ever to come out of France.
    No. Just no. You obviously havent heard of Gorod.
    clamclaws
    The one good thing ever to come out of France. Supposedly their working on a new album as well. lol at 'like static-x (is static-x were bad ass)