Face It review by Golden Earring

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Golden Earring: Face It

It's an album with a very good sound. Golden Earring is a spectacular group, but it's pretty old. Drummer Caesar Zuiderwyk is a very fantastic drummer, The guitarist are also very good and their songs are very impressive. Their genre is rockin' blues/classic rock. Golden Earring started in the Netherlands but toured around the world for many times. I've seen them for 2 times and I really enjoyed it. If they come to Belgium again I will go to it.

Their lyrics are about everything: dreams, relationships, space ships, etc. 'Liquid Soul' has a very good text. All lyrics are written by George Kooymans with help of Barry Hay. The lyrics are in very good harmony with the songs, but sometimes it's very strange with the singers intonations. The singer has a good voice, but he is a little bit older now and when you see them live, it sound like my grandfather.

I'll compare it with all of their other albums. The sound of the albums are the same, and that makes it very pretty. My favorite songs on the album are 'Liquid Soul', 'Maximum Make-up' and 'Legalize Telepathy'. I love the guitar style(played with a BC-Rich guitar) and what I hate are the boring songs. I have also 3 copy's of the album.

nervosuu
    I think Golden Earring is AMAZING. I haven't heard this album, but I'm open to anything they do.