Disconnection Notice review by Goldfinger

• Released: Feb 15, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Goldfinger: Disconnection Notice

Overall it's OK. Not one of thier stronger CDs and I didn't really hear many guitar riffs which kind of bothers me. I think Goldfinger is trying to turn into a more modern day band and they are trying to apeal to different people and to a different genre. Where as they used to play what they thought sounded good. If you're a Goldfinger fan then you'd know that this and open your eyes is very weak on Goldfinger's part. The sound was pretty good.

John Feldman has always provided the band with the vocals they needed to fit the music. John Feldman performed well in this album but the lyrics were not very catchy. Stalker was one of the only songs I thought was worthy of listening to over and over again. Once again they are trying to turn over to a different genre including the lyrics. They've quit writting like the old stuff and they are trying to write new stuff more on the punk-pop side. The lyrics aren't something that will stick in your head behind the mask is, and Stalker are pretty much the only ones that are. Lyrics are OK.

I wouldn't recommend buying the album. If you want good music get Goldfinger's self titled album, hang-ups, or stomping ground. I am a pretty big fan of Goldfinger's older stuff, this album just proved to be pretty dull for me.