A Boy Named Goo review by Goo Goo Dolls

• Released: Jan 1, 1995
Goo Goo Dolls: A Boy Named Goo

This is probably my second favorite album aside from dizzy up the girl. The Goo Goo Dolls consisting of John Rzeznik, Roby Takac, and Mike Millinin, put out this cd in 1996. It has an awesome combination of songs like long way down, having a punk rock/alternitive rock sound to a song like name which in my opininion is the best on the cd that is soft and unique one of the prettiest sounding soungs ever. And you always got roby throwing in a few soungs if you like something a little heavier. There's no way I could give this anything but a five.

John Rzeznik is one of the best song writers of all time. His music makes the country music now days look like something my little 5 year old cousin wrote. Name is probably the best song as far as both music and lyrics go, that is if you like soft rock songs. In broadway, on the dizzy up the girl album, johnny writes about the neighborhood he grew up in, not many song writers could make a quality song out of that but he did it. He is by far the best songwriter I also give this a five.

The Goo Goo Dolls are the best band out there. This album was probably there 2nd best tied with Gutterflower. My favorite song is Name, also good song are: Long way down, Naked, Flat top, Only one, Ain't that unusual, Eyes wide open, and Disconnected. If I lost this album I would have to buy it again cuz it just that good. Definitely worth buying. Try listening to a full Goo Goo Dolls cd before desiding if you like it.

al silver
    fully agree there. its a good album. plus its got a funny cover what more could you want?
    JohnRzeznik221
    yea ur telling the truth about the greatness of this album but you don't know much about the goo goo dolls do you? George Tutuska was the drummer on this album and every GGD album before it. Mike was hired in 1996 as a replacement after Johnny Rzeznik and George Tutuska had a massive fallout. George was kicked out on new years eve 1994. the album was released on March 14, 1995 (not 1996) 3 days before i was born. keep that in mind. good review.