Hold Me Up review by Goo Goo Dolls

• Released: Jan 1, 1990
Goo Goo Dolls: Hold Me Up

This is one of the best '90s punk album. Top classic! The Goos kick ass on this album, some say this is their best work to date, and I should say that it kinda is an excellent piece of work. Tracks like: There You Are, You Know What I Mean, Just The Way You Are, And Two Days In February are amazing. Although this album didn't get the proper attention it deserved, it totally kicks ass. It's better than 'Dizzy Up The Girl' and 'Gutterflower'. It may not be better, but they tie each other!

Now, John here is begining to write songs, on the previous album he just sang 2 songs (which were great btw) but on this album he expands his talent. Now look, I mean, he's lyrics are good but they are better on A Boy Named Goo and all the albums after.

People that love punk will adore this album and hold it dearly. People that are new Goo fans will have to get used to this album. It will eventually grow on them (take me for an example), anyways, get this album if you like old Goo or new goo. It's all the same thing actually. If thsis album was released now adays, it would be a smash beyound all expectations.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    "Two Days In February" is simply the best acoustic song ever written(in my opinion).Simply and brilliantly played by Johnny
    Havenspear
    "It's all the same thing actually." Haha, that is NOT a good thing. I actually haven't heard anything before Gutterflower and Dizzy, but I've been meaning to pick the older albums up :]