Let Love In review by Goo Goo Dolls

• Released: Apr 25, 2006
Goo Goo Dolls: Let Love In

Pretty Good Music. "Let Love in" has a great intro, that I'm still not sure how they make(as an acoustic player, I dont know too much electric enhancements). "Strange Love", although not with the greatest singing, also has a great intro. The tunes for this almbum are all great. My particular favorite is the very upbeat "Can't Let It Go" track 8. And all in all, excellent music.

The songs definitely live up to the title, this album definitely focuses on love, and so in a superb fashion. Again, track numbr 8 "I was your anger, and you were fear..." Amazing. From "Stay With You" to "Become" I am thoroughly impressed with the lyrics of "Let Love In."

Overall, this is a great album. There is no question that this baby is going up on my shelf right next to "Dizzy Up The Girl" Although it feels short, this baby is packed with Goo'ey greatness. I have not stopped listening to this since I bought it, and honestly don't see myself stopping at least until I can play every song by heart.

mohawx
    The goos are humanity's best contribution to music and almost every aspect of art. Rzeznik should be remembered as the most influential artists of our time, I mean he writes great lyrics, he co-ordinates lead guitar (sometimes arpegios) with his vocals, and his solos speak to us like no one else. I sure hope 'let love in' is'nt their last studio album. It truly deserves a 10/10.
    turnfoot
    did any1 else notice dat all the GGD reviews are rated 10? just goes to show how good these guys are
    turnfoot
    i LOVE this album!!! the best songs would have to be better days & without you here. but i was hoping that they put john's song i'm still here in 1 of their albums though. even though it isn't theirs & only john sang it, he's still a part of GGD. PLEEEASE put i'm still here on the nxt album!!!
    bigpig83
    halflost wrote: the album was good, but not that good. it definitely doesnt compare to gutterflower. its a nice listen, but its shallow. first listen is all there is to it. it goes no deeper. its great backround music but not worth relistening to as gutterflower or boy named goo were.
    I agree. Gutterflower was their most dynamic and interesting album to listen to. This album seems a bit of a step back and tends toward generic. It cant shake my faith in the Goo Goo Dolls though.
    al silver
    I have to admit, I saw a eview once saying that "even on Tackack's more old-fashioned rocking song they seemed to keep the volume down." That is one aspet I agree with, however, I stil think it's a great album. I do not love all of the goo's original stuff, but it all eventually grows on me. What I learned about Ego, Art, and Commerce is a great album to show the progression of the Goos throughout their career. As one of the greatest composers, lyricists, and master of tunings, Johnny makes this album just as good as the others with a bit more mellowness to it. If you watch the Rolling Stone's Originals video of em (on youtube now) you can see that their still rocking. Let Love In is great, and I might say it's better or on same level as gutterflower. The problem is, each album focues on different parts and types of views of the world. Dizzy Up the Girl was a great album displaying teenage/early adulthood life, gutterflower showed the troubles faced in adulthood, and this comes back to finish it off in my opinion. I can't wait for the Goo's next album, and am wondering what's next for them.