Superstar Car Wash review by Goo Goo Dolls

• Released: Jan 1, 1993
Goo Goo Dolls: Superstar Car Wash

Classic Goo Goo Dolls. A bit fuzzier and less perfect, studio-recorded sounding. But that's what they were going for here. All Goo Goo Dolls stuff sounds pretty decent to me. Both Johnny and Robby wrote good songs in this case. I showed a friend of mine "Fallin' Down" and he just instantly, for some reason, felt that it was "so Goo Goo Dolls".

Singing I like mainly John's songs. The lyrics fit in well with each song. Also, John is an amazing lyricist. Check out the song Iris (not so classic Goo) and try see those aren't amazing lyrics, you're not gonna be able to. Great, but also less mature than their current lyricism levels.

Great disc, I don't actually have it, but have a lot of the songs off of it (from their compilation disc) and have seen previews of songs I've heard on other CDs of theirs. I would say it's a mix between modern punk, classic punk, and alternative. The song Fallin Down to me is just freakin awesome and a great song. I love all Goo stuff, including Let Love In, another great album. They've made so much progression in their music it's amazing.