Good Charlotte review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Sep 26, 2000
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Good Charlotte: Good Charlotte

Good Charlotte starts the beginning to the campaign to rid the world of worthwhile, good music with their first, self-titled album. Benji shows his great guitar skills here, with mindlessly repetative eight note power chords.

The lyrics on this album are just terrible. There is no meaning, no point to any of them. It's just a bunch of "Waaa, my girlfriend broke up with me ten years ago and I'm still not over it" and "Waaa, my daddy's an asshole" and "Waaa, my life sucks. Woe is me". Personally I don't give a damn how much their life sucks. I want them to lead sucky lives, because they are ruining the world of rock with their crappy music.

I can't believe I actually used to listen to this crap. Now that my eyes have been opened I have seen that this album is a waste of money and a total POS. I gave it to some kids at school and they broke it for me. Thank you, everybody who helped me destroy this CD. If you are into power chord driven music, don't listen to this mess. Listen to Nirvana, the gods of power chords.