Good Charlotte review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Sep 26, 2000
Good Charlotte: Good Charlotte

They have a really great sound. Many have compared them to Blink 182 and the like, but I believe they have a sound all their own. They experiment with rock, punk, and great acoustical ballads, and I don't think that alot of bands today could pull of what they can.

The lyrics can be weak in some spots and somewhat predictable, but the singer has a great voice that just makes that alright. On tracks like "Screamer", they have very unique and thought-provoking lyrics. They also speak alot of doing what they want with their lives and overcoming barriers that not alot of other people could deal with. So I give them respect as artists.

Alot of songs stand out on this album, so it's hard to choose favorites. Their sound varies from the upbeat "Little Things", "Don't Wanna Stop", and "Festival Song" to great mid-tempo material, such as "Complicated" and "The Motivation Proclaimation" to amazing ballads like "Change", "Screamer", and "Seasons". This has to be one of the most influential bands of this decade. Thier music has touched so many people and they are truly inspirations.