Good Morning Revival review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Mar 27, 2007
Good Charlotte: Good Morning Revival

This album is a completely new sound to the Good Charlotte we all know. It is a little more on the pop side of music but still has some very catchy songs on it. 'Broken Hearts Parade' and 'The River' are in my opinion the two best songs on the album. The intro to 'Broken Hearts Parade' is really catchy and you never get sick of it. 'The River' is one of the best songs I have heard in years and combined with vocals from Avenged Sevenfold this makes it well worth listening to.

The lyrics in this album are quite good but not as good as their other albums. 'The Broken Parade' is the best song lyrically in my opinion. 'Victims of love' also is a very good song while songs like 'Keep your hands off my girl' are'nt quite as memorable for their lyrics. Overall the lyrics are pretty average on this album compare to what we all know they are capable of producing and this is the main part of the album that disappointed me.

I loved some off the riffs in it such as in 'Broken Hearts Parade' but some songs like 'Keep your hands off my girl' where the band tried to mix punk and rap were very disappointing. I think their other albums are much better for sound and for lyrics but I would still say that this albums is well worth buying if you have the chance.

blue_jello47
    what i think is really funny is now these guys think they are real cool going on tour with justin timberlake *laughs* i bought the cd at best buy cause u get a bonus song oh yeah. the music grows on you after a while...not a complete rip off....
    rocknrolldogs
    GC is a rock band but they act more like a techno band. I hope we see some more punk rock but I doubt it(since life and death was also lame).I think GC lost me as a fan.Yeah I know some songs are punk but none of them are catchy like on the young and hopeless 5/10