Live At Brixton Academy [DVD] review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Good Charlotte: Live At Brixton Academy [DVD]

How ever many haters are reading this I love good charlotte and theres nothing you can do about it. This is the live DVD of their show in London at Brixton Academy. Good Charlotte are just as good live as they are on their albums. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they sound the same as they do on their albums I'm just saying that they still sound great and have an excellent live show. Tony the lead singer from mest also comes out for The Young And The Hopless, his voice worked great with Benji and Joels and made it even more intresting to watch.

Content — 10
The DVD consists of two parts, the live show and behind the scenes documentary. The set list they played is as follows: 01. New Begining 02. The Anthem 03. Festival Song 04. Riot Girl 05. Wondering 06. Girls And Boys 07. My Bloody Valentine 08. Hold On 09. The Story Of My Old Man 10. I Heard You 11. Movin' On 12. Emotionless (acoustic) 13. The Day That I Die 14. The Young And The Hopeless (feat. Tony from Mest) 15. Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous Extra feature is a documentary of the time they spent in London great to watch they are all interviewed and stuff and theres just footage of them hanging out and talking to the fans!

Production Quality — 9
Run time is 68 min not including documentary. Recorded over 16 + 17 December 2003. The quality of both picture and sound is excellent. Perfect balance between band volume and crowd volume. Great tricks used such as during fast parts of the songs the camera angle was changed every time Chirs hit the drums great effect.

Good Charlotte have a great live show and this dvd displays just how good it really is. The most impressive thing on the dvd was just the actual concert it is excellent and I have watched it at least 100 times to many. I love everything about it the crowd loved the band so much that Benji said "We're all going to die someday" and every one cheered "Oh you cheer... So do I" well said Benj. If it was lost I would get another one. If it was stolen I would steal it back then trash the guys house in true stiffler fashion!

TJ1991
    I saw them a few days after this was recorded, so it brings back memories. Really good. Shame they're so terrible now, Young and the Hopeless was a great album.
    Dempsey68
    i bought this on amazon the other day, waiting for it to arrive but i stick by my opinion that the young and the hopeless was a VERY good album, they're a bit crap now but back then that album was one of the best around! i am SO looking forward to watching this DVD.