The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

I would say this cd has that "Good Charlotte" sound: mushy guitars, and barely there drum beats. But Good Charlotte definetly tried to accumulate more influences in their music. Songs like "The Truth", "I Just Wanna Live", and "In This World (Murder)" show that the band can add alittle diversity to their music. "I Just Wanna Live" has some hip-hop creativity in it which is really cool. I also like the fact that can put some slower piano songs on the cd which makes the sound appealing to more people.

The lyrics are practically the same emotional, slightly whiny type. But I think we are all slightly whiny at one time or another. Perfect for GC fans. The lyrics get particually darker as the cd progresses, which isnt exactly a shocker. Average.

I think the guitar work could be better, but I wouldnt expect grandiose solos from a pop-punk bad. I think GC fans would think that this CD is the best of the best. I just think its good. It's a keeper. If I lost it, I would buy it again. The songs on this album are the kind that you find yourself humming or singing to yourself long after you hear them. If a cd can do that, then I think its worth buying. The songs are catchy.