The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

Well here it is folks. Another horrible album by a horrible band. The sound on this album is so bad it can't be described. The guitar is simple, the singing is bad, and the skill level it takes to play these songs is mediocre. As heard on their first single "Predictable" the vocals get annoying fast and the riffs used are very simple and boring. Even when they try to do a guitar solo, they drown it out in background noise. Can they do anything right?

Ugh. Super angsty lyrics. These guys have millions of dollars yet they can't seem too write about anything but about how bad their lives are. Seriously, write bout something else! These lyrics are immature and it should be illegal for him to hold a pencil or pen. The sad thing is millions of teenagers (mostly girls) around the world think these lyrics are good and inspiring. Please. My cat could write better lyrics. Of course, the lyrics and music both go hand in hand, seeing as both are terrible.

I seriously think you should stay away from this album. It's a tad better then their other piles of garbage, but this one still doesn't make it out of the dumpster. The saddest part is that Greedy Charlotte put out to versions of the album, while only changing one song. Like how greedy can you get? Now they'll make twice as much seeing as all their fans will buy two copies. If I got this album for my birthday I'd lose it on purpose. I'd much rather buy a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd album. So dear reader, if you are a Good Charlotte fan then there is no better chance to change your ways and listen to some good music like Zeppelin or Floyd.