The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

GC make leaps and Bounds From Young And The Hopeless on this album. I think they've found their style. With lots of added intrumentation this album is much fuller than Y&H or their debut. Some songs remind me of back during they songs Christmas By The Phone and Can't Go On. As far as the bands musical ablitiys go; the drums are good, GC's drums have always been good, so that no surprise. Bass makes more of an apperance, but still you can't really hear it. Guitar wise well in some cases Benji and Billy have gotten better, in others well you get the picture. If they would have atleast put 2 good solos on this album it would have brought my rating up but God Benji you've been playing for 8 years and you still can't write a decent solo? Vocals are not too good, Joel goes back to the whining he did on their debut (I absolutly con not stand his whining), but he does song in an edgier voice, on the song The Truth he almost sounds like Ray Charles, pretty funny actully, Benji's harmonys are as good as ever.

These lyrics are probably the bigest step up from The Young And The Hopeless. They have much more thought put into them than "This is the Anthem throw all your hands up!" I belive they've really grown as song writers. And on I just Wanna Live they even mention the controversy that came with Life Styles of The Rich And Famous.

This album may very well be GC's best. All the songs have to be heard, all of them have something excelnt about them. Alot of thease songs really ment something to me, like It Wasn't Enough, the Truth and In This World (Murder). If this album was lost or stolen would I buy it again? Well it depends. Theis album is good but not very good. I'd probably buy it and something else if I had enough money, because this album has almost an epic feeling to it.