The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

This is GC's thrid album one of their best if you ask me. With sweet solos by Billy, amazing drumming by Chris, perfect harmonies by Benj and Joel and smooth bass licks by Paul it sounds all perfect. The Chronicles Of Life And Death starts off with a instumental like on 2002's The Young And The Hopeless but this time no punk style guitars come in. "Once Upon A Time..." was written by Benji Madden himself with the help of Eric Valentine. Overall it took seven months to create "The Chronicles" and GC couldn't have done better. The Reason For Life Version And Death Version: "When we were making the album we thought what we would have wanted our favourite band to have done so we made the Life and Death versions." - Benji Madden. "So now all the "life" kids can fight with all the "death" kids on which is better!" - Joel Madden. This album has so many hidden messages and stories behind evey song no wonder Good Charlotte are so proud of their work.

The lyrics on the old album are alot different to the current album. Like "Predictable" has angry lyrics but "The Truth" has mellow lyrics. Joel and benji's vocies on this album ranges from low, normal to highish (but not high enough to be Justin Hawkins from The Darkness!) Joel's voice on "Mountain" ranges from mellow and 'very finch like' through the song. He sings "I wasn't on a mountain, when it came to me." in a very low voice but when you listen to it on headphones it sounds like GC's in your room or where ever you're listening to it.

Compared to other GC albums I'd rate this one 10/10 because although it still has some of the old Good Charlotte sound, they manage to make it sound different. I'd say that the most impressive songs on the album are: Walk Away, Predictable, Secrets, The Truth, We Believe, In This World. I love: the songs with inspirering Lyrics and happy tunes. I hate: not much! No, I think that they should have some more punk and ska style stuff like on 2000's release Good Charlotte. If someone stole it or knowing me I lost it I'd defenitly buy it again, there's no doubt about that one! So go on get it Life or Death Version it doesn't matter what you like. Keep Respresentin' GC cuz they're representin' you!