The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

The first thing I noticed when listening to Good Charlotte's new album was what I kick ass job the guitarists did. They have definitely created a darker atmosphere for the album which is very evident in tracks like "Ghost Of You" & "In This World (Murder)". The range of sounds on this album is what really stood out for me from the bubble gum like sound of the title track to the almost rap inspired "I Just Wanna Live" to the very dark and heavy "In This World (Murder)" there is surely something for everyone.

The lyrics of this album have definitely matured quite significantly. Instead of talking about the usual dad leaving home and punk kids who have no home they move on to more intelligent issues such as the world and what fame does to people. Benji Madden definitely shows he has talent and that he isn't just another average punk-pop singer.

The Chronicle Of Life & Death is definatley Good Charlotte's best album to date. It also good to see that they were able to make a third first impression with this album. The most impressive songs on this album I believe are: "Walk Away", "Ghost Of You", "Mountain" & "In This world (Murder)". I'd have to say the thing I loved most about this album was its deversity in sound every song sounds different & great in its own way. If there was one thing I had to say I didnt like about this album I could honestly not tell you anything, the album is amazing.