The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

I was a big fan of Good Charlotte until I got this CD. Their happy, meaningless pop-punk past is gone, and this "more mature" Good Charlotte is junk. Gone are the catchy beats, the peppy guitar playing. This CD is composed of mostly slower, quieter songs and few catchy tunes. however, several songs manage to sound like the old GC, so this CD's sound isn't all bad.

It's pretty ironic that their first big hit was about celebrities who complain about everything and this whole CD is complaining. The lyrics here are just as shallow as ever, but now they don't even have positive lyrics. I didn't mind Joel Madden's voice when it's accompanied by enough music, but on this CD he tries too hard to do slow songs and fails.

I was really dissappointed with this CD. The only songs that are remotely good on this album are "Secrets" which sounds like the old GC, and "I Just Wanna Live" which is strange because it sounds the least like the old GC. If this CD were lost or stolen I probably wouldn't notice or care because I'm too busy listening to better, harder working bands like New Found Glory.