The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

When Good Charlotte made Billy their keyboard player also, it made the album sound much fuller. Also the strings on this album were very good. In the begining of "Predictable" they have the strings go on. Also on this album Good Charlotte uses more of clean electric and acoustic guitars. Although I don't like that they brought in another guitar on "I Just Wanna Live". They should just stick to the two they have all the time. I also think that putting out "I Just Wanna Live" as a single was a bad choice. People that are not their fans are going to think that they are a Pop group who have high voices. Totally the oppisite. Songs like "SOS" and "Walk Away" would have been a much better choice. Good Charlotte has made their sound go from a 4 to 10. Excellent work.

Benji and Joel Madden really dug in deep with the lyrics on this album. They really show the darker side of the band. Their not just singing about their Dad and how poor they were growing up. The one thing I don't like is when Joel goes falsetto on "I Just Wanna Live" and raps on "Predictable" you're a rocker, not a soul singer or rapper! They really wrote what they think. I think thats why people hate them. They voice their opinions. That was a key thing on this album. Great lyrics can go a long way.

This is one of GC's best albums. I wouldn't say its their best but I love it. The one thing that bugged me though was that the lyrics inside the album don't match with the lyrics they're singing. Otherwise I play it constantly. Great sound with great lyrics equal one great album!