The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

I think there sound is a lot more harder and cooler than their last two albums, but its lost pretty much of their old kinda happy and upbeat style, but I like it! The first song is obviously not them, but it sounds kinda creepy and eerie. The violins are in nearly every song which kinda gets annoying after a while, but they do go well with the music.

The lyrics - well I really like them, they are quite meaningful and funny! They go well and flow with the music, I think Joel has a wicked voice, and the rapping he does in Predictable is cool, I think its more talking than rapping.

I think that its a wicked album, and is their best so far! I was freaked out when I first heard the first song The battle of life and death, but I've grown to it. So far, my favourite song is I Just Wanna Live, one of the only upbeat songs on the album. The only problem is that it doesn't play on my computer so I cant put it on my mp3 player, which resulted in me slamming down the cd case, but I would buy it again if I lost it, preferably one that works! I would advise you to get it, but it seems that Good Charlotte, like Blink 182 and Sum 41 have opted for a more mature sound which is cool, but I prefer all of their old stuff!