The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

Good Charlotte is back with their 3rd album! As AP put it "The Most Anticipated release of 2004" and it surely is for a lot of people. Their pervious albums had punk-pop, punk-revival all over them. And they were good! This time Good Charlotte get's darker, but still will be described as a punk-pop band. The intro is crepy gothic with strings, and singing in Japanese. They use alot of keyboard as on Walk Away, Ghost Of You and The World Is Black. There is also some real heavy stuff on the album. In In This World (Murder), and Meet My Maker, wich was guitarist Billy Martin's idea. And all this put together; it sounds awesome!

This is definatly the best lyrics GC has ever written. And the lyrics on We Belive, deals with a woman that have lost her son in the Iraq war, and may be the best song ever written! "There's a Woman Crying out Tonigh, Her world has changes, She asked God why?, Her only son has died, and now her daugher cries". And Ghost Of You wich is about missing someone that is dead. The World Is Black has also awesome lyrics. Joel's voice is better than ever, and he really show us that he is an fantastic singer. And the harmonies is just awesome!

This is truly a masterpiece. And it gives you an epic feel after you have listened to it! It's better than the 2 previous albums, and to be better than their 2002 release, shows that it really is an awesome album. Beacuse TYATH is a legendary album in the punk-pop genre. The songs that stands out the most for me are Walk Away, SOS, The World Is Black, We Belive, In This World (Murder), and Meet My Maker (Death Version).