The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

Oh my, this CD really makes Good Charlotte even worse than what they were on their previous CD's. Unfortunetly, the sound has dropped from "OK" to "horrible". When I say "horrible" I really mean honestly the worst sounds. It is just that same power chord beat over and over throughout the songs. The rhythm in just about all their songs on this CD sounded the same to me. This made the CD get really boring and not even worth while listening to. I was really hoping the sound would improve but it has just gotten worse.

Wait a minute, was I hearing lyrics on this CD or just grubbish? From what I recall, the lyrics are completely absurd. They are the same everyday stuff you hear. His voice sounds like he is trying to be emo or something. Whining about everything bad that has happened to them and stuff. During the verses it doesn't sound like lyrics to me at all. This is probably the main thing I hope would improve with them. But uh, my little cousin could make better lyrics than this junk.

Uh, this CD would probably compare to the Backstreet Boys. Only, the Backstreet Boys are better in my opinion. At least their singer can sing good and not the same old thing in every song. I don't even think their hit single, "Predictable" is impressive to me at all. The only thing I love about this CD is that its CD case can be used as a coaster for my drinks. Other than that, I hate just about everything. And no, I would not buy this if it got lost. I am depressed I even wasted my money on it. Anyways, I suggest everyone stay away from this CD.