The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

The sound was pretty good, but not the best there is. I found that they used more extra sounds, and a little less solid guitar. Unfortunately, I found that once upon a time, the battle between life and death to be quite an annoying tune, and it did not at all work with the rest of the songs in the album. If it were my CD, I would've excluded that song and saved it for a different album, but hey, it ain't my band.

The lyrics were amazing. Good Charlotte did an awesome job pulling the vocals together in this one. I really felt that how they wrote both "The World Is Black" and "We Believe" excellent. And they really went together with the music. Perfect tune on their part. The vocals were what really impressed me. It sounded like they used a few voice editors in a few of their songs, but it still pulled the lyrics together with the instruments, even if some of the songs had un-favourable sound quality.

Overall, I'd say that this is a really good CD. Definately worth buying. if you do purchase this album, I recommend listening to "Predictable", "The world Is Black", and, of course, "We Believe." Unfortunately, as with every CD, there are cons. Some of the Background music sounded like something out of N'Sync, or The Backstreet Boys, especiall in "Just Wanna Live" and "The World Is Black" (The World Is Black is still a good song though!) So, overall, awesome CD, just a little "Pop-y", that's all. I reccomend this CD to you all.