The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

The sound on this CD is amazing. To put it simply, this band is amazing. It's just 5 guys and they give it their all and do an awesome job! This cd really caught people off guard. It sounds like nothing Good Charlotte has ever done before. They took it to the limit and tried different things. It's cool that they tried something new. I'm sure people miss the old Good Charlotte with no keyboard, but this new sound is awesome and it doesn't take a long time to get used to.

These lyrics are fantastic. They are so personal. These guys have an amazing writing talent and they express it in a good manner. Joel even said that this cd is going to be like a diary and he wasn't lying. This is the most personal thing they've ever done. They really open up and you can see what their lives are like. I personally think that Joel has an amazing voice. He doesn't try to do better than what he can, and he always does his best. Even at a live concert, he never falters.

This CD blew my mind away. When I first listened to it I wasn't even sure if I was still listening to Good Charlotte; it was so different than what they've done before. This CD really tested their skills. They decided to not care what people would think and did what they wanted to. I'm glad they did that because fans got to hear a different side of Good Charlotte. I love all of the songs. "SOS" is wonderful, I love the guitar solo in it. "The World Is Black" is another great song, really expresses their views on things. One thing I don't really like is all the keyboard and production. It's just not the Good Charlotte I'm used to. If my cd was stolen I would definitely buy it again. I bought both "Life" and "Death" so I don't think I'll have to worry about going on a Good Charlotte shortage.