The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

The sound has definitely changed from their previous album. On the previous album I almost loved every song on that album (my favourites being The Anthem, Young And The Hopeless, Hold On and Wondering). But on their new album some songs are quite repetitive, almost annoying. I think that GC have matured further in the production of this album. "I Just Wanna Live" is a total different style as they kinda rap out the verses and then jam the chorus. "Predictable" is bearable but now its kinda annoying. My favourite is "We Believe". It has a smooth sound and quite calm. Overall they have changed to a more matured pop sound but it's still good.

Joel Madden has a good voice and he can take on different genres etc. Pop/rock/punk. I think GC are resting slightly on their laurels and not straining themselves to try out in different areas. Some songs have really meaningful lyrics like "We Believe" and "Mountain". Others are just complaining about their past life which I personally think we've had enough of. They should try to create more involving lyrics rather than whine about their life, but I still think the lyrics are good enough.

GC certainly beats out Blink 182 and Simple Plan. Simple plan make childish music which I detest. I will certainly recommend this CD to people interested in pop/rock music. It is certainly worth your money rather than buying crap rappers albums or sh*t cheap punk bands. GC make value music and are respectable. If this album was stolen I'd buy 10 more and distribute them to my family members.