The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

I hear some people saying things like, "Good Charlotte has tried something new this time" but I have to say that there isn't much of a difference here. However I sorta like Good Charlotte the way it is and this album is good enough for me. The problem is that some of the songs sound similar, and get boring sometimes. Also the intro in The Young And The Hopeless album was pretty much pointless and sounded stupid, they still continued to make an intro. The Chronicles of Life and Death's intro song got even more creepier than before, with the Japanese singing part and stuff so that's a minus (since I'm Japanese and I know what they were singing about, it was irritating. The people singing Japanese had a weird accent compared to native japanese guys). Still, it was a good album and is worth buying.

The singer has a unique, nice voice and I really like it. I wouldn't want to hear any screaming from this guy, though. The lyrics aren't spectacular, but not so horrible. There are a lot of lyrics that are worse. At least they don't endlessly swear and talk about blow jobs, oral sex, and swear constantly.

I bought this and Simple Plan's album together, and I have to say it sounds alike, but that doesn't mean it's not a good album. The Chronicles Of Life And Death (the song) was really good, and there were a lot of other songs I liked. Good Charlotte stopped saying "yeah," "uh," "come on" so much and that was a good improvement too. I don't really care about bands overusing power chords, and I don't really care. If it wasn't for the intro I would give it a better score, but it would've given me a better impression if they just started with Chronicles Of Life And Death or made a better intro song. If it were stolen/lost, I would probably buy it again, because it is a nice album.