The Chronicles Of Life And Death review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Oct 5, 2004
Good Charlotte: The Chronicles Of Life And Death

This is Good Charlotte's latest album. This time they tune down the punk-pop sound for a more dark-pop one. But don't worry you'll still find pop-punk tracks and you will also find some pop-punk tracks that are so dark 'Predictable' that even a HIM fan would love. The sound is a combination of punk-pop riffs, synth-pop choruses and funk-rock beats so don't expect the ussual punk-pop blasts they used to to serve you years ago.

The rylics are better from their previous efforts. Darker and more realistic. Songs like 'Predictable' and 'I Just Wanna Live' show that this boys have grown up and don't waste their time about girls and boys like they used to do.

This is a great album for fans of heavy pop music, but if you expect teenage punk like their older staff you should check Canadian punk poppers Simple Plan or post-hardcore/emo-pop megastars Hawthorne Heights.

Zell182
    This album takes a while to grow on you even if you like good charlotte but it's still not as good as the young and the hopeless
    Zell182
    they get the attention metalman66 because they're good unlike your crappy unsuccessful bands. The only good band that aren't famous ais NOfx because they didn't sell out
    SLD.Potato
    The first single from "The Young and the Hopeless" was about how rich and famous people complain too much. The first single from "Chronicles of Life and Death" is about Good Charlotte compaining about being famous.
    rocknrolldogs
    This CD is a let down. Who does GC think their fans are? In the young and the hopeless i think it was punk rockers. In this one I think it is ?(I guess people that like to dance to crappy music and pretend to be famous.)The only thing I said when I heard this cd was "Where is the punk filling?" None of these songs are worth much. I hope GC gets it right next time. 3/10