The Young and the Hopeless review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Jan 13, 2003
Good Charlotte: The Young and the Hopeless

The sound is great on this album. It's vintage punk at it's finest. I realize that a lot of the same chords are used over and over, but Benji has great solos, and for the most part, most of the songs are very catchy.

If I should give any credit at all to GC, it would be in the band's great lyrics. They cover issues that many people can relate to, such as broken homes, the monotony of life, the hardships of love, the hardships of growing up, etc, and they do it without being corny. And I give them credit for actually growing up experiencing things. They sing and write what they know about. All in all their songs portray life in the most realistic sense, without being too serious or cynical.

This is a great album with catchy songs and well-written lyrics. I recommend this to anyone who loves Blink 182, Green Day, etc. It's very real and relatable, but is also very playful and fun. To Paul (bassist), Chris (drummer), Billy(Guitarist), Benji (Guitar/Vocals), and Joel (vocals), I must give credit where credit is due. Those guys made one hell of an album, and have grown up a lot since the first self-titled album. If you're a punk fan and dont have this CD, I encourage you to get it now.