The Young and the Hopeless review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Jan 13, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Good Charlotte: The Young and the Hopeless

Ok first of all the drummer sould get much more regonition, He is easily the best muscian in the band! The drums are good no complaints, but the bass! They might aswell not have a bassist, you can hardly hear him and there isn't any decent bass riffs! The guiitar has a couple of decent riffs (girls and boys, hold on), but it mostly fits in with the lyrics. The vocals are good, but I woudn't really say they were punk.

The lyrics are alright and they have done some clever stuff fitting them in with the music. One complaint with the lyrics would be that most of it is about their dad walking out on them, so there is'nt much variety. Joel can definetly sing, but as I said before he definitely can't do punk! As for benji his voice is just a bit too croaky.

This is not as good as their other albums in my opinion, but it is still ok. I think most people buy this album because they heard either lifestyles of the rich and famous, girls and boys or the anthem, but the other songs on this album are nothing like them! Theres a couple of songs on it I like, but theres a lot that I hate too, so really if it was lost I would get another album form another band. My advice if you like the songs I mentioned before buy the single! All in all this just another average album and is NOT PUNK AT ALL!!!