The Young and the Hopeless review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Jan 13, 2003
Good Charlotte: The Young and the Hopeless

The music is awesome! Yes, the riffs are fairly simple, but sound great. They create a wide variety of music, from the slower paced ones like Emotionless, to the fast louder ones like Riot Girl.

Benji and Joel write amazing lyrics for the songs. Joel sings from his heart and there is alot of heart and thought put into the lyrics. They are noe afraid to sing about what they want, and don't care about what others think. Emotionless is a very sad, emotional song written for their dad. They also sing about not wanting to be like everyone else, and how rich and famous people live. They also wrote a song, Hold On, in response to fans who were considering suicide.

I think this album is better than their first. It isn't hard core punk or anything and they even have said that, but it is punk. I think that compared to other artists and groups, these guys stay true to their fans, and are more "down to earth". They know what it's like growing up with a tough life and write songs that will help kids get through the day. In my opinion, the most impressive songs from the album are My Bloody Valentine, Hold On, The Young & The Hopeless, and Emotionless. I love how they write songs that kids can relate to. There really isn't anything I don't like about the CD. The Young & The Hopeless is definitely a cd you should go out and buy!