The Young and the Hopeless review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Jan 13, 2003
Good Charlotte: The Young and the Hopeless

GC really grew up on this album. With a new drummer and a new upbeat vibe, GC can make even a mother want to listen to this music. It's great to listen to the 2 CDs together and point out where they grew up (guitar, singer, etc.)

GCs lyrics actually have meaning to them, whether it be funny like "Girls & Boys" or a serious, like "Hold On". The lyrics Benji and Joel write are amazing and you can actually understand and sing to them! Joel is great a singer with a great voice. Benji is perfect for the background singer, him and Joel have perfect harmony together!

I loved both of GCs albums. The 1st showed that they where kids still learning, having fun, and the 2nd showed how much they took from the 1st and created it into something incredible! The part I loved about this album, is that songs make you feel good. And the videos on the CD part don't show stick-figured girls dancing around in underwear! What I hate is that my copy is burned! If it was stolen, I'd burn another copy from my friend or just go out and but it. If you buy this CD, your in for a real treat!