The Young and the Hopeless review by Good Charlotte

• Released: Jan 13, 2003
Good Charlotte: The Young and the Hopeless

Much like the previous album Good Charlotte leaped out of the boat with this effort, it says it all because the bassist for the band used the same Bass for all the songs on their self titled album. They certainlty grew up alot, and harnessed their capabilities with catchy riffs that make you want to pick up your guitar and play, effectivly they made a record that the listeners of pop and mild rock can understand. Each song isnt too over-produced, and it makes for a good listen.

Theres something about this album that just warrants the volume to be turned up to that annoying point where it can be heard through the floorboards. Joel and Benji like much of you know are brothers, twin brothers at that, and with that they are acomplished song writers I guess everyone has that period in their life when their girlfriend is a control freak, and life just sucks everyday. I was 15/16 when I first heard this in 2003 and I was in high school and with the things that were going on in my life, I related to alot of the lyrics, which effectivley earned my respect for Good Charlotte.

I was very impressed with Good Charlotte's second effort 'The Young and The Hopeless' I loved everything about this album, it was just the right band at the right time for me, although The Offspring were the one and only band that I loved properly at that time but still the album has qualities that people should listen to, so they can find them. Overall a good album and with that it pushed them into the mainstream, and earned them some much needed respect in the musical world. Although people reject their sound, this album certainly borderlines Rock-Punk-Melodic Pop, go and buy it!

Quintin
    exactly...since they started playing on the radio they've really been pissing
    Zell182
    All you good charlotte haters are just living in the past with yout crappy classic rock and endless crappy solos