Under The Sign Of Hell review by Gorgoroth

• Released: Oct 20, 1997
Gorgoroth: Under The Sign Of Hell

Naturaly, as a black metal album, the production is rather predictable, a raw tremelo attack and blast beat driven onslaught from start to finish. The music however, stands out to me from the other artist of the black metal scene for reasons I don't know, as even though infernus, pest, grim and ares (only appearing on track one) give the things you'd expect, they do so in a way that makes the music seam independent unlike other certain bands that sound all alike.

Pest, he is one singer who can do black metal proud. From the screaming of 'Revelation Of Doom' to the folky singing on 'Profetens Apenbaring', he keeps you listening to his abused vocals like you wouldn't believe. The lyrics are quite hard to understand and arn't supplied with the album, which is a shame as it would be great to know what The Devil Is Calling's lyrics are.

Probably, the vocals are rather predictable but unique, the guitar and bass playing is fast and cleaver, and the drumming is simple but solid, but you can't say Gorgoroth are 'just another' black metal band from Norway. These are musicians of a new breed, and are probally paving the way for the new wave of bm artist, and are going to give other bands a good fight to the top of the underground.

Fleisch
    You're amateur. Learn to spell, and then produce a band that is more successful than Gorgoroth. Then I'll listen.
    Phill-Rock
    Gorgoroth suck, and they're probably the worst band I've ever seen live at a gig.