Demon Days review by Gorillaz

• Released: May 24, 2005
Gorillaz: Demon Days

This CD is great. It sounds incredible, with a bigger influence in the bass area, which "Murdoc" plays some of the greatest bass lines on any CD. The guitar is also more chords and cleaner than their self debuted album. The absence of Del the Funky Homosapien, of Self Debuted Album fame, isn't much of an absence. Just listen to "November Has Come" with MF Doom, or "Feel Good Inc." with De La Soul and you will still be in love with this band.

The lyrics, to some people, don't mean alot. But if you listen to them, you get stuck in a beautiful abyss of Damon Albarn's (2D) voice. You get into a world of power and corruption, uprising's against the large corporations, and much more. Albarn has always amazed me with his song writing skills, and his awesome voice, ever since I got into Blur. This is one great CD.

Comparing this album to their self titled is like comparing cheese to a car. They are completly different, in my opinion. Yet both of them are top ten CD's in my mind. Most impressive songs I think would be Last Living Souls, Kids with Guns, Dirty Harry, Feel Good inc., Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, November Has Come, All Alone, and Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head. You know what, screw it. The whole CD is the best CD, and it ties itself together at the end of the CD, so pick this CD up, it is one good CD.