Demon Days review by Gorillaz

• Released: May 24, 2005
Gorillaz: Demon Days

I've listened to the Gorillaz since I was 11 or so, so I really enjoyed the new album. The intro does sound pretty f'd up, and yet it goes along with the CD. Murdoc lays down feel good bass line and sets the foundation for a lot of good songs. Even though I despise rap, I'm still giving them a five. And a note to "unregistered." His review stated that the Gorillaz are computer animated. They are drawn by concept artists. Secondly they are real people you (in the words of the great Les Claypool) "ignorant peice of s--t" (in case you're not a peice of s--t, sorry. I don't really know you, but you are ignorant). Murdoc Nicholls had a band before the gorillaz and everyone is a person in real life. Thirdly - their music is not computer generated, at least not the instruments. I don't care if you knock the band and CD, but at least get your facts straight, dumbass.

The lyrics are awesome. Some might not think much about songs like Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head, but I took it seriously. I love songs that tell a story as much as I love ones that mean absolutely nothing. 2D provides excellent vocals.

The Gorillaz are unlike any other band so they're hard to compare. The most impressive songs are The last three tracks (Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head, Don't Get Lost In Heaven, and Demon Days) because they all are telling a story. I love the Gorillaz laid back style, but I hate rap. When it comes to buying a copy, here's how good this CD is: I have I copy I burnt from a friend, but because it's burnt the timing is wrond on the last two tracks so it sounds like the CD skips (the tracks are like one song together and on a burnt CD my CD player has a 2 second countdown before the song starts). This CD is so good I'm going to fork over 15 bucks to get a copy for the last two songs. Buy it now.