Demon Days review by Gorillaz

• Released: May 24, 2005
Gorillaz: Demon Days

Demon Days is a huge step up from Gorillaz previous album. A confusing album, making you wonder what the hell he just said. Although there is a lack of fast paced guitar riffs and insane drum solos, Gorillaz give you something different, a calmer album than the usual, albeit slightly depressing also. It is very difficult to place a genre for this album, some hip-hop, but mostly indie.

The lyrics to this album weren't my favourite. They aren't bad yet not good either, there is no complexity, no hidden meaning in his lyrics. His singing skill isn't a brilliant one to follow, it is a typical Average Joe voice. Yet after all this bad singing and crap lyrics, there is something addictive about his music that makes you listen!

My overall impression of this album is high, Gorillaz are a completely unique band so there is no comparison. My favourite song on this is Kids With Guns, it features a crazy bass which will make your room shudder. If I ever lost this album, I would replace it immediately.

IrishBaron
    the review on june 14, 2005 that gives this album an overall of 2... does this guy understandanything at all about how music is made? does he think that someone just turned on a computer and the Gorillaz popped out? no the gorillaz aren't real, but the music is - actually recorded by actual musicians. someone needs to get rid of that review. anyway, yeah, demon days is a great album, very diverse.
    sampz
    Liked every song on this album except november has come.I think they're better than before even if they're more of a rap style. O Green World kicks ass
    Crash91
    Much better than their other album, you've got a different varitity of music to listen to.
    kam3
    i think so too this is very good album of theres they really know wat they were doin