Demon Days review by Gorillaz

• Released: May 24, 2005
Gorillaz: Demon Days

Demon Days is a great album, mixing lots of different sounds within it. Tracks like Intro, O Green World and Every Planet We Reach Is Dead are a bit of a letdown in quality sound, because it all follows a kind of mainstream setup, such as O Green World, where to me it seems to repeat on and on for a bit too long. Demon Days is a gigantic step in sound from their first self-titled album, which usually consisted of punchy guitarness(if thats an actual word)and sometimes quirky concepts. Their new album, although still having some quirky concepts, is well, I guess, more "civilised". I say this because of the even wider variety they have introduced, such as the viloin, cello, double bass and cello. In the songs 'Don't Get Lost In Heaven' and 'Demon Days' there is even the London Community Gospel Choir taking part.

Sometimes the lyrics are hard to understand but at other times are very clear and quite meaningful. The people like MF Doom, Bootie Brown, Roots Manuva played a good part in contributing to this album. The lyrics are sometimes just a bit stupid but generally good.

This is a very impressive album, and the little booklet inside the album is really cool. If someone stole this CD from me, I would hunt them down and hurt them wherever possible to get it back. The three best songs from the album would have to be: Kids With Guns (I just love the climatic, uh, climax), Demon Days (the beat is just so mellowing) and El Manana, which is just really deep and great sounding. This was definately worth me buying! Oh, and by the way, Gorillaz are a computer generated band created by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, but, their music is not.Their music is real.

IrishBaron
    has anyone contacted the administrators? there needs to be some quality control for the reviews on this website. reviewer number 2 clearly has no idea what he's talking about. the fact that his review is even posted reduces the accuracy of the overall rating for this album, and tarnishes the reputation and reliability of this website. seriously, dudes, this guy's a jackass.
    Strokesofgenius
    and the second reviewer is a dickhead, there is real music in it from damon albbran, the very famous rocker from blur u retard!!!
    Daniel Pearce
    FeelGoodInc wrote: i didnt like Demon Dayz the song.....it has too much build up to nothingness
    It's okay...but i sortov agree with you mate - Hey strokes of genius - do u like the strokes?
    Daniel Pearce
    The Second reveiw sucks...the dikead - and how on earth did this bloody reveiw get recorded onto the site UG?!
    K3nkl3
    Many groups can amaze you, but not every group can gain your respect - Gorillaz - is one of those
    osiris12
    Yeah dude like I don't understand why people don't take virtual bands seriously. Take Dethklok for instance, from Metalocalypse? Sure they were created for the damn TV show on [adult swim], but c'mon now. The music is real. The lyrics are goofy and outlandish, but it's a parody of death metal. Oh yeah and Brendon Small, the creator, recorded all the vocals, guitar and bass. The Gorillaz are more of a project of Damon (?). The music is real and the talent is there. Learn something about ****ing music.
    osiris12
    Ha I didn't know UG sensored comments that's pretty cool. Furthermore, I still haven't finished this album, but the self-titled is some of the best music from the turn of the century. The Gorillaz blend styles together in such a way that you almost can't tell what exactly the hell you're listening to. You just have to.....listen.