Gorillaz review by Gorillaz

• Released: Jun 19, 2001
Gorillaz: Gorillaz

The sound is wonderfully clear and vibrant. Everything has a full sound. Gorillaz is one of the few CDs I own which has such a wide variety of musical genres (Rock, Industrial, Thrash-Pop-Punk, Rap, Hip Hop, Techno, and Latin.) It is a very creative album and quite experimental. It also uses a wide variety of instruments, including: bass, guitar, drums, turntables, harmonica, piano, violin, harp, and other instruments. Gorillaz is great to hear before going to sleep, or just chillin' in your car. The sound is overall very impressive.

The lyrics are pretty good, but nothing extraordinary. 2D's voice, overall, is very cool and unique, but at times, it is hard to understand what he is saying. The lyrics definately groove with, and are smooth all the way through with the music.

Gorillaz is nothing like anyone I have ever heard in my entire life. These little cartoon characters (2D, Noodle, Murdoc, and Russel) are extremely unique and will definately leave a long-lasting impression even after the 100th time listening to this remarkable album. I love the creativity and genious of these little cartoons. They made me an instant fan back in 2001 when this CD was released. In my opinion, all of the songs are impressive and are astonishing. However, if I had to choose some favorite songs, they would be: Re-Hash, 5/4, Sound Check (Gravity), Dracula, and Left Hand Suzuki Method. If someone stole this CD, I would let them have it, just because they had such wonderful musical tastes but then I would definately be obligated to buy it again.