Gorillaz review by Gorillaz

Gorillaz: Gorillaz

This band was sort of interesting when I first heard them. Since they're cartoons (in music videos, books, ect.) I thought they were a little weird, but cool. The first song I actually heard was "Clint Eastwood." I thought that song was amazing. So then I started looking for the album. This song was on a few of their albums so I decided to get their self-titled one. I loved it. Their music ideas are a strange mixture of rap, alternative, and jazz. I usually don't listen to those genres of music, but they make it sound good. The Gorillaz sound is amazing, especially the bass player, Murdoc. I love his style of playing, even though most of his riffs are repeated in the song he still makes it sound good. Same with the guitar player Noodles and their drummer Russel. They repeat riffs in a song but still make it sound good.

The lyrics are kind of strange. In most cds there's usually a lyric book to read. They had one, it just had pictures of the band members in different places. So, I had to learn the lyrics by ear. The songs that stood out the most to me were: Clint Eastwood, 5/4, Rock The House, and Starshine. They're probably my favorite Gorrilaz songs by far. In "Clint Eastwood" and Rock The House" there was (I guess) a ghost rapper. I think he's like the ghost of Russel or something but I'm not sure. But anyway, I love the way he can rap about almost any thing through a whole song. But, the lead singer 2D, is way better. He has kind of a sad moody voice in some songs, and a happy, enerjetic voice in others.

I think this album compares to other Gorillaz albums. It was their self-titled and first album they released so I think it's very good. Once again, my favorite songs from this album would have to be: Clint Eastwood, Rock The House, 5/4, and Starshine. They kind of stand out more than the others in my opinion. What I love about this album is music creativty, it's very thought out. Something that I hate about this album would be that a few of the songs are a little boring. An example would be: New Genious (Brother), Man Research (Clapper), and M1 A1. They're not very interesting to listen to. If I lost this album or if it was stolen I probably would go buy another one, or find the guy that stole it.

iceyice
    Wipes the floor with demon days. This is their best album in my opinion