Deja Voodoo review by Gov't Mule

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Gov't Mule: Deja Voodoo

In my opinion, this band has a really great sound. They are definitely a blues band, but different than older blues, and they have a little bit of southern rock in their music. They have an excellent guitarist, who also tours with the Grateful Dead and The Allman Brothers, and who is also the singer. They have a keyboard that is going strong throughout the entire album. The bass and drums greatly compliment the other music too. They definitely aren't copying anyone with their great sound, and I give them a 5 out of 5 for it.

Their lyrics go along with the blues theme of their songs very well, and even though they aren't the greatest lyrics, they definitely work. They have an excellent singer who reminds me a lot of Greg Allman from The Allman Brothers (I hope I'm right abuot Greg being the singer). His voice really makes the words come alive.

I'd have to say that this is one of my favorite albums that have come out in the past five years. I don't hear much of this type of music with those new bands. The best songs on this album are Bad Man Walking and No Celebration, they have a great sound and soul. There are no bad songs on this album, and there really isn't anything to hate. I would definitely buy this album again if I ever lost it, or buy two just in case I lose one.