Gratitude Review

artist: Gratitude date: 02/21/2005 category: compact discs
Gratitude: Gratitude
Released: Mar 8, 2005
Genre: Rock
Former Far frontman Jonah Matranga, along with ex-Crumb guitarist Mark Weinberg, is in charge of San Francisco-based Gratitude. Their 12-song self-titled debut album is filled with timeless rock and a batch of delicious hooks.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Gratitude Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 21, 2005

Sound: I first saw Gratitude in concert with Jimmy Eat World and was amazed on how much of a polished sound this band had. The stlye of music is very emotional. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are very creative. Each song ends with an emotional punch. The singer's voice adds so much to the lyrics. An example would be on the track "Last." When he belts out, "Should have been fall," his voice sounds strained and gives the lyrics a whole different feeling. // 10

Overall Impression: For a first album, this is amazing. The most impressive songs would have to be: Drive Away, Last, Feel Alright, Sadie, Dream Again, Begin, Begin. I know it's 1/2 the album but all the songs stand out and it's hard to pick one or two. I love the emotion the lead singer puts into his work and there is nothing to hate about this album. I rate 5/5. // 10

Comments