Graveyard review by Graveyard

• Released: Sep 10, 2007
Graveyard: Graveyard

This is a very unique album even for one coming out of Sweden's psychedelic rock/ doom metal scene; this is a rock album but with elements of doom and stoner metal. The guitarists' tones are very smooth and pretty clean with just enough distortion to add sustain but the riffs and feel of the music has a very relaxing feel to it like that of doom metal bands such as Black Sabbath and newer bands like Witchcraft. The drums and bass support the music in a fantastic way adding different beats and rhythms to the lead riffs- like Thin Lizzy and early Scorpions. The singer's voice is a mix of hard rock and doom metal but it does not get too deep and a lot of the lyrics are audible. Take note that this may be a psychedelic and doomy album but the songs go by pretty fast with increases and decreases in tempo and the music never gets bland so this is a great starter acid rock/ stoner metal/ doom metal album; and for people who already tried listening to doom bands like Pentagram and newer ones like Shrinebuilder, give Graveyard a chance because it has a heavier rock element to it then it does on the doom side.

The lyrics are very deep and make the listener think quite a bit, especially on songs such as "Right Is Wrong" and "As The Years Pass By, The Hours Bend". These lyrics fit the music perfectly and so does the singers voice which is pretty clean for the most part but he does scream sometimes and the other guitarist also sings in support but never does his own verses/ choruses.

This is my favorite doom metal/ acid rock album of the past two decades so I definitely recommend it to any rock or metal fan -unless you're a huge death metal fan that usually only sticks to heavier forms of metal. My favorite songs from this album are probably "Submarine Blues" and "Satan's Finest" which were both featured in skate videos which is how I found out about them, so basically if you like faster passed doom metal and psychedelic rock and can handle bands like Witchcraft, The Sword, and Flower Travelin' Band then you will probably like this. If you aren't familiar with this form of music but you skate then check it out anyways because I have yet to meet a skater that dislikes this album.

RX120D
    ^You're an idiot. If you can't accept the fact that your opinion differs from other people, you need to leave this website. This is a great album.
    ripoffhitman
    I didn't think it was bassy enough, too much overproduction and crunch, and of course, like always, graveyard did too much tremelo picking. Actually, the only people who like this band are gay skaters.