Hisingen Blues review by Graveyard

• Released: Apr 19, 2011
Graveyard: Hisingen Blues

April 19, 2011, saw the release of Graveyard's second album, "Hisingen Blues". Well, I think we can all agree this was one of the best releases of this year (if not the best), and one of the best albums to be released since 2000. In this one, the blues roots of the band appeared more than in the first record, "Graveyard", from 2007, and made a nice mix with psychedelia. This is notable on tracks like "The Siren", "Uncomfortably Numb" and in the bonus track, "Cooking Brew" (personally my favorite song here). If no one tells you this was released in 2011, you sure thing will tell this album was made in 1973 or something like that. Sounds just great. A great shot of blues, psychedelic rock, hard rock would define this album at first, but only if you hear it, you will know what I mean. A lot of bands brings the 70's sound back today, but in my opinion, no one does it like Graveyard. Sure thing this will be regarded in the future as one of the best releases of the decade. Already a classic.

The lyrics on this album are kinda interesting, and really got some great lines. Like on the opening track, "Ain't Fit To Live Here" ("People ask me what is wrong/I don't see what's right"), and most of them are surreal ("The Siren" or the title-track). Nilsson's vocals are really amazing, and he can sing both calmly and powerfully, it just depends on what the song asks. It really amazes, if you see how he can play his guitar very well and sing that great (a thing that we can see a lot on 70's hard rock bands, too).

Well, I can't really see a mistake on this album, and probably anyone who likes blues and hard rock can't see it too. I really think the whole album is above average, but I would point "The Siren", "Buying Truth" and the bonus track "Cooking Brew" as the most amazing songs here. It's a must have for any blues or hard rock fan, just that. Like I've said before, this will probably be regarded as one of the best releases of the decade. It's just a catchy, amazing mix of the genres I've mentioned before. If someone steal this from me, I'll hunt the little robber even on hell.

Vinushka
    YEEEEES. Good man for reviewing them and giving them a little more exposure! They certainly deserve it.
    amathiel
    my favourite LP. these guys rock! glad to see them next year at wacken!
    iommi600
    scones7 wrote: I don't think that we can all agree this is one of the best albums since 2000. I like their music, but "already a classic?" I think you're going a little far in assuming everyone else has the same taste as you.
    nah, man, I think you're missing my point. I never assumed someone has the same taste as mine... that's why I said "in my opinion" several times on the review... and also, this may not be a rock and roll classic, overall, but I'm almost sure this album will get a lot of kudos in the future among hard/stoner fans... I mean, few bands from this genre get so much recognition.
    scones7