The Hard And The Easy review by Great Big Sea

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Great Big Sea: The Hard And The Easy

This CD is entirly made up of folk songs from Newfoundland (on the East Coast Of Canada, incase you didn't know) so classic rock/hard rock fans such as myself won't find this on there list of favorite CDs. However, I can't speak for the people who like folk music. I've talked to a few other people and they loved this. It's not like I hate this either. I even found myself strumming along to some of the songs.

I know the lyrics weren't written by the Great Big Sea (the songs were written a long time ago), but they were still awesome. By awesome, I mean funny. One song is about a guy who likes this mermaid with the tail of a fish and the body of a human, but she ditches him so he gets her sister who has the head of a fish but the bottom part of a girl! The singers are pretty decent too.

The other great thing about this CD is that it comes with a bonus DVD. The DVD shows the band practicing their songs and has interveiws with each of the band members asking them about what each song is about and where they heard it first. Though I have to say that I liked some of their albums better then this one, overall, this was a pretty good CD that was more then worth the price I paid.