21st Century Breakdown review by Green Day

• Released: May 15, 2009
Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

This is Green Day's best album ever. I was skeptical, but this far out does Dookie. It takes the essence of American Idiot, and takes it what you would imagine for they're tenth album. It is hard hitting, alt-punk. This album is about a couple ,(Christian and Gloria), and them dealing with the mess of the 21st Century. There are 18 songs, and 2 bonus tracks on the iTunes deluxe edition. Billie Joe uses a lot more piano than ever, and it works amazingly. Heavy guitars, really good use of orchestra, and really good singing. My favourite songs would have to be Viva La Gloria!, Before the Lobotomy, The Static Age, American Eulogy, and Murder City. All the songs are amazing, but these are the best IMO.

Some of my favourite lyrics ever. Not straight foward and borign, not confusing metaphors, but straight foward and awesome. They really outdid themselves in this department. They match the music perfectly. In this album Billie Joe sings the best he ever has, and as well as a few well placed screamos. These are great to sing along to, as well as pretend to play the drums at the same time.

This is the best album I have ever heard. And I'm not exaggerating, even though it isn't as punk as Dookie, it is SO much better. This probably seems like one of those uncritical reviews, but I don't think this album could even get a negative review. I am more a fan of old school My Chemical Romance, which is quite differnt, but this should please anyone who likes rock music. As I said before, my favourite songs would have to be Viva La Gloria!, Before the Lobotomy, The Static Age, American Eulogy, and Murder City. I don't hate anything about this album, apart from the CD doesn't some with the bonus tracks, so I had to get those off iTunes. If this were stolen, I would buy it again within the hour, and torture whoever took it (you get what I mean...) This album is and obvious 10 overall. It's just so amazing. I recommend everyone to go to their nearest music store and buy it straight away!