21st Century Breakdown review by Green Day

• Released: May 15, 2009
Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

Before I put the disk into my CD player, I thought that the album would be adequate, nothing special. At least that's what I heard. But after the first couple of songs, I had a completely different mind towards this CD. Green Day really brought it their all into the recording studio, and stunned me (as well as many others) with possibly their best album yet. The CD itself is somewhat like American Idio. It has a story, strong and fast songs, soft and beautiful songs and has the title track first. The story is about a young couple, Christian and Gloria as they battle though the 21st Century. Green Day used many different styles of music, there was some soft songs [Last Night On Earth], some pop punk songs [Know Your Enemy], there was songs that started out slow and ended up in a Queenish grandeur in the end [Before the Lobotomy] and the fast pump 'n' grind songs [Christian's Inferno]. This album has all the sounds, the perfect lyrics, and a couple of added instruments.

What I noticed most about this new album is that the lyrics really mean something, not "hehe lets jack off woot woot" kinda stuff. They tell a story about the characters, or how they (Green Day) were feeling when they wrote the song. The song [Last Night On Earth] really shows what I'm talking about. In my opinion, Billie Joe sings his best in this album out of all of them. He gets the high notes, and hes really got a knack at finding what notes to sing.

Overall, The Whole Album Was Amazing. It has all the stuff you would expect from Green Day, and much more. The songs weren't too complicated, Billie Joe sings perfectly, Mike's backing vocals rock and Tre's drumming is steady and right on beat. If your reading this review, and your dedating wether you should get the album, you should seriously get it. IF your a Green Day fan, you will love it. IF your not, but think you'd like them, listen to a song of iTunes and see if you like it, because if you do get the album.