21st Century Breakdown review by Green Day

• Released: May 15, 2009
Green Day: 21st Century Breakdown

These guys rock and sound good every time, now people say Green Day are try hard punk artists but Green Day clearly state that they are a PUNK ROCK band. This album is pretty much giving the public a taste of their new approach on music, Billy Joel Armstrong is an incredible guitarist and has a great voice for his genre and this is what he is made for. Tre cool and Mike Durnt are also incredible musicians along with all the backstage musicians that contribute to Green Days music. There are tracks like horseshoes and hand grenades which are fast pace songs but then it can go into songs like Viva La Gloria! that is relatively slow but keeps the same energy which is really good, this album is obviously about rebelling against the norm and pretty much telling the government to stick it with a Green Day spin on it.

The lyrics are pretty good but can get a bit too repeative at times like in know your enemy, but the lyrics relate too the message they are trying to send out to the public through music. Billie Joel Armstrong is an amazing singer with great songwriting skills and is really a punk rock legend I'm sure most of you agree. The on thing I really like with this album is that it is not allover the place unlike a lot of other bands are these guys always stick to one topic making it easier to connect the lyrics to the song and message.

This album is picking up where American idiot left off, Green Day really surprised and impressed me with this album and I fell in love with it within listening to it for 20 minutes. My two favourite songs from this album are Horse shoes and hand grenades and 21st Century break down. The main thing I love about this album is that it is very easy to listen too and easy to pick up. The one thing I dislike is the amount of cr@p they got for "changing" into a "softer" form of music which absolute bullocks because they are still a great band and have kept the same aim and message. I borrowed this album off my friend and I will buy this when I have enough money to and if it were broken lost or stolen I would re buy it. Overall this album is yet another Landmark in Green Days career and will be remembered for years too come and is a Green Day classic. Fantastic Album worth all the money.