American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

I'm a big Green Day fan. This record is different from other CD's they've made. They really progressed from their first record. The CD tells a story, which I think is great. It has 2 songs, both over 9 minutes long, which are superb. It's definetely an anti-Bush album, which makes it that much better. I think this is Green Day's best album, only because they've made it so far since they first started out. Although their other albums are just as good, American Idiot is such an advance. There's a whole story behind how they got to making American Idiot, and the songs have such inspiration. You can tell they put a lot into each song, because they all have a great sound.

The lyrics are awesome. They go so well with the music, and the lyrics tell a story, too. Billie Joe puts so much into the songs, and his singing is wonderful. Each song has a true meaning. Most artists these days make songs all about girls or going to the 'Candy Shop' (I despise that song). Unlike those other singers, Green Day put meaningful lyrics that actually tell a story, and some of the songs even transition into each other which is very cool. I think the lyrics were absolutely awesome.

I've heard American Idiot compared to some of the greatest albums in history, and I definetely agree. Jesus Of Suburbia is one of the best songs on the CD, as well as Holiday, Homecoming, and Whatsername. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams was a big hit, although it's way overplayed. And American Idiot is just purely awesome. Being an obsessive (not joking) Green Day fan, I love everything about it. There's not much to hate. Although sometimes when you're listening to the beginning of Extraordinary Girl or Letterbomb you just want the song to start, but I still think it was a nice touch to the songs. I recently lost the CD in my dads car, but luckily it was still on my computer so I burned it. The songs didn't transition right, and I accidenly got two other Green Day songs on there, but I did somehow end up finding the origional which made me very happy. I think it's worth buying, even if you aren't a huge fan. It's definetely an impressive album, and if I were you, I'd buy it!